So, You’ve Outgrown Your Accounting Software. Now What?
Years ago, when your business was newer and smaller, Quickbooks was an effective solution. Now, you are a hustling and bustling business, thriving and growing, and the things that worked before simply do not work anymore.
Your staff is constantly complaining that they don’t have the resources to accommodate their needs for reporting and data handling. They’ve found solutions that they thought were viable for your business, but Quickbooks lacks the integration abilities as a stand-alone program to adequately sync it with other necessary accounting functions your staff needs. Your CFO even spent 2 hours on the phone with Quickbooks overseas customer service call center but came away with no real resolutions to your issues.
You’ve gotten to the point where you finally realize Quickbooks simply isn’t a good solution for you anymore.
What Does Your Business Need?
- Payroll and HR Management: When evaluation your software options, how high of a priority is this for you? If you are looking for an end to end solution for time, payroll, and human resources then you will need to find a solution that has a complete end to end options. One of the highest ROI projects any business can partake in is integrating payroll data into their accounting programs. When you have the right solution, payroll and accounting clerks can save several hours each week.
- Security: Just like every other aspect of your system networks, whatever solution you choose, you want to make sure that it comes with plenty of security measures that keep your data and information safe.
- Reporting and Analytics: Anyone dealing with any type of data in business can tell you exactly how important reporting is. If you are looking to streamline and unify all parts of your business and at the same time have an enhanced visibility to your financial data, then you will have to make sure that the solution that you choose gives you all of the reporting data that you need.
- General Ledger: As part of the accounting functions you need, having a General Ledger is a big one. And having all of the functions you need to be built into General Ledger is a must. When you are able to have a General Ledger which you can tailor to your exact requirements, modify them, distribute to your managers, and then import them back in, your accounting process will be easier and quicker.
- Inventory Management and Tracking: Any lean manufacturer will always stress the importance of inventory management in order to achieve business efficiency. You really want a comprehensive inventory management and tracking solution that will help reduce your operating costs by a clear view of your stock and ensure that what you need is on hand when it’s needed for fast and efficient order fulfillment.
- EDI Management: Your ideal solution includes a managed EDI solution that just works and document mapping updates simply just show up.
- Order Processing Workflow: The ideal manufacturing business solutions do not require every person that touches an order (from quote through fulfillment) to understand the entire workflow. The solution would route the order to the logical next work queue based upon the status and content of the order.
- Warehouse Automation: A quality barcode scanning solution should integrate into system directed workflows that extend beyond the warehouse.
- Customization: Your ideal solution will fit your needs exactly. All businesses in all industries work differently and you want software that works for you, not the other way around. No matter what your goals are, you should get a system that you can have customized solutions specifically for you. When you have customized solutions, you can make smarter, more informed business decisions.
Microsoft Dynamics GP and SalesPad Do All of That and More
When you look at all of the different options that you need after you’ve figured out that Quickbooks is no longer a viable option for your business, you will find that Microsoft Dynamics GP much more appropriate for a growing business with a production environment.
Dynamics GP and SalesPad are set up to completely integrate with your operation exceptionally tight. As other Microsoft products, Office and Outlook are designed to seamlessly integrate with Dynamics GP for ease of use. You can easily pull data into Excel or Word while accessing all of your important data quickly and without any difficulty. With Dynamics GP, your workspaces can be customized and mobile access is flawlessly supported.
Additional key features include:
- Greater Customer Data Security
- Easy Installation
- Scalability and Can Grow Along With You
- The Ability to Send and Receive Faxes
- Dynamics GP is Simple and Easy to Maintain
- Industry and Business Specific Customizations
- Simple Contact Data Migration
- And Much More…
On-Premise or Cloud Hosting
With Dynamics GP and SalesPad, you have the ability to install on-site, host in the cloud, or a hybrid of the two. When you are trying to decide which one is better for your business, you will take into consideration:
- Costs to implement/migrate
- Post Implementation Support
- Upgrades and Enhancements
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Backup and Recovery
- Deployment Speed
- Mobile Access
There are distinct advantages to each implementation model. With Dynamics GP and SalesPad, you have all the options so you can decide what is best for you.
The Difference You’ll See
It really is not fair to try to compare Dynamics GP with QuickBooks, since Dynamics GP is much more comprehensive and designed for scalability and QuickBooks is not. You really can’t go wrong with Dynamics GP.
After you’ve used Quickbooks for some time and are looking at what life after Quickbooks is like, you will find it refreshing. The bottom line is that in a head to head match, Microsoft Dynamics GP outperforms Quickbooks at every single level.
About Custom Information Services
CIS has been in business since 1989 and became a certified Microsoft partner around 25 years ago. Over the last three decades, we have worked on and implemented hundreds of ERP projects. The average CIS employee tenure is over 10 years. Our ERP consulting and line of business application services is one of our core strengths. With our long-term experience with Dynamics GP, SalesPad, and other mainstream integrated third-party applications, we are able to tailor our systems specifically to our client’s business and industry needs.