So, You’ve Outgrown Your Accounting Software. Now What?
Years ago, when your business was newer and smaller, Quickbooks was an effective solution. Now, you are a flourishing business, thriving and growing, and the things that worked before simply do not work anymore.
The staff is constantly complaining that they don’t have the resources to accommodate their needs for reporting and data handling. They’ve found solutions that are viable for your business, but Quickbooks lacks the integration abilities as a stand-alone program to adequately sync it with other necessary accounting functions. Your CFO even spent 2 hours on the phone with Quickbooks overseas customer service call center but came away with no real resolutions to your issues.
You’ve gotten to the point where you realize Quickbooks simply isn’t a good solution anymore.
What Does Your Business Need?
- Payroll and HR Management: If you are looking for a solution for time, payroll, and human resources, a solution that has a complete end to end options will need to be found. One of the highest ROI projects any business can partake in is integrating payroll data into their accounting programs. With the right solution, payroll and accounting clerks can save several hours each week.
- Security: Just like every other aspect of system networks, whatever solution is chosen needs to come with plenty of security measures to keep data and information safe.
- Reporting and Analytics: Anyone in the business industry can testify in favor of the importance of reporting. If one is looking to streamline and unify all parts of their business, as well as have the luxury of time enhanced visibility to their financial data, then it is vital for a well-rounded solution that includes all essential reporting data is chosen.
- General Ledger: Having a General Ledger that includes all needed functions built-in is a major key for all businesses. A General Ledger which can be tailored to meet a company’s exact requirements, with the ability to be modified, distributed to managers, and then imported back in, will make the accounting process much more efficient.
- Inventory Management and Tracking: Any lead manufacturer will stress the importance of inventory management in order to achieve business efficiency. It is important to have a comprehensive inventory management and tracking solution that will help reduce operating costs by a clear view of stock, and ensure that what is needed is on hand for fast and efficient order fulfillment.
- EDI Management: The ideal solution includes a managed EDI solution that operates correctly and documents mapping updates regularly.
- Order Processing Workflow: The ideal manufacturing business solutions do not require every person that touches an order (from quote through fulfillment) to understand the entire workflow. The solution would route the order to the logical next work queue based upon the status and content of the order.
- Warehouse Automation: A quality barcode scanning solution should integrate into system directed workflows that extend beyond the warehouse.
- Customization: The ideal solution will fit your needs exactly. Businesses in all industries work differently and you want software that works for you, not the other way around. No matter what your company’s goals are, get a system that can be customized with solutions specifically for you. With customized solutions, you can make smarter, more informed business decisions.
Microsoft Dynamics GP and SalesPad Do All of That and More
When looking at all of the different options needed after concluding that Quickbooks is no longer a viable option for your business, you will find that Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP is much more appropriate for a growing business with a production environment.
Dynamics GP and SalesPad are set up to completely integrate with your operation exceptionally tight. Like other Microsoft products, Office and Outlook are designed to seamlessly integrate with Dynamics GP for ease of use. Data can be pulled into Excel or Word without any difficulty. With Dynamics GP, specific workspaces can be customized and mobile access is flawlessly supported.
Additional key features include:
- Greater Customer Data Security
- Easy Installation
- Scalability and Can Grow Along With You
- The Ability to Send and Receive Faxes
- Dynamics GP is Simple and Easy to Maintain
- Industry and Business Specific Customizations
- Simple Contact Data Migration
- And Much More…
On-Premise or Cloud Hosting
With Dynamics GP and SalesPad, you have the ability to install on-site, host in the cloud, or orchestrate a hybrid of the two. When trying to decide which one is better for your business, take the following into consideration:
- Costs to implement/migrate
- Post Implementation Support
- Upgrades and Enhancements
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Backup and Recovery
- Deployment Speed
- Mobile Access
There are distinct advantages to each implementation model. With Dynamics GP and SalesPad, all options are included to ensure an outcome best for your company.
The Difference You’ll See
A fair comparison cannot be made between QuickBooks and Dynamics GP since Dynamics GP is much more comprehensive and designed for scalability while QuickBooks is not. With that being said, you simply cannot go wrong with Dynamics GP as it includes everything QuickBooks does, as well as much more.
After you’ve used Quickbooks for some time and are looking at what life after Quickbooks is like, you will find it refreshing. The bottom line is that in a head to head match, Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP outperforms Quickbooks at every single level.
About Custom Information Services
CIS has been in business since 1989 and became a certified Microsoft partner around 25 years ago. Over the last three decades, we have worked on and implemented hundreds of ERP projects. The average CIS employee tenure is over 10 years. Our ERP consulting and line of business application services is one of our core strengths. With our long-term experience with Dynamics GP, SalesPad, and other mainstream integrated third-party applications, we are able to tailor our systems specifically to our client’s business and industry needs.