Accelerated Transition to a Remote Workforce
While the news of the current pandemic sweeping across the country is coming at us faster than we can keep up, many companies, concerned about the health and well-being have begun thinking about having their employees work from home. With schools all over the country being shut down for the rest of March, and major metropolitan areas Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio all declaring a public health emergency; the transition to a remote workforce may need to happen for many companies at lightning speed.
If your company had to transition your team to telecommute and work from home in a rapid amount of time, would you be ready?
Cybersecurity needs to be a HUGE Focus
Let’s say you can get a VPN set up right away so that your employees can access the network and still perform their duties at home. That’s great, but is this more of a security risk than a benefit? While this shift in your workforce, if done correctly can protect people from infection, it could also potentially expose your organization to malware, viruses (the computer kind), cyberattacks, and hackers if the proper security measures aren’t taken.
Now is the time to ask:
- Are your employees prepared with the right devices, connections, processes, and do you have the right infrastructure to support them?
- Should non-company devices be allowed to access the company data, or will you only allow your employees to use company-issued devices?
- If your company is allowing workers to use their own devices, must they have a minimum version of an operating system? (What if they have an old version of unsupported operating systems, like Windows 7?)
- Do you already have security policies in place regarding strong passwords, multi-factor authentication, and mobile devices? If not, can you get your employees up to speed quickly?
What does your business need to Transition Your Employees?
- Access to critical resources.
- Remote support for employees that work in the field.
- A secure infrastructure that allows your workforce to operate in a hybrid environment.
- Secure and encrypted devices.
- Secure remote VPN connections.
Make Sure you can see what your Employees are doing
Many companies are hesitant to let employees work from home because they are unsure if they will actually get any work done. That doesn’t have to be the case. Don’t just send your employees home and tell them to work, and hope that they do. You can set up your systems to have a way to make sure they are actually working. Whether that be by monitoring their time in the VPN or on their remote work stations, or by use of productivity monitoring software, business executives don’t have to spend weeks during this pandemic wondering if their business is operating at full capacity or not because of a remote workforce.
If you need help setting up your workforce to become mobile, contact us today, we have techs standing by and can get your organization up and running in a telecommuting environment quickly. Now is the time to act.
Click HERE for a managed services quote.Tags: Cybersecurity